The smallest of the college’s 19 traditional student residence halls, Chapin Hall houses 44 students in double and triple rooms. Chapin Hall is on the northern side of upper campus, off Howard Street and adjacent to Park Hall.
It has three floors and is set aside for first-year students. There is a lounge on the first floor with cable television, study space and a microwave. Laundry facilities are in the basement with a washer and two dryers. Rooms are carpeted with window shades and are furnished with a bed, desk, dresser and closet for each student.
Chapin Hall was built in 1900 and was the college’s first brick building. It was named for former college trustee Samuel Austin Chapin, brother of Wheaton founder Eliza Baylies Chapin Wheaton.