Chase Dining Hall
Chase Dining Hall is Wheaton’s residential dining hall and features cooking stations serving up a variety of hot entrees, salads, soups and made-to-order hot and cold sandwiches. Chase offers an allergen-free zone and daily vegetarian and vegan selections and features a digital Healthy for Life Wellness Center, with touch screen access to nutritional information for all items on the menu. The recently renovated dining hall features high-top tables, window seating to take in views of the campus and Peacock Pond, tables close to the cooking action and comfortable booths and banquettes. The new design won LEED Silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for sustainability features integrated throughout the facility. The building’s eco-friendly features include energy-efficient windows, roofing and air ventilation system, high-efficiency bathroom hand dryers, LED lighting throughout and vinyl flooring made largely with natural and recycled materials. The dining hall was built in 1959, expanded in 1964, and renovated in 2015. It was named for former college treasurer and trustee William F. Chase.