Elisabeth W. Amen Nursery School
Located in a small, cedar-shingled building across the street from the main campus, the Elisabeth W. Amen Nursery School is an experimental school that offers programs for preschool-age children during the college’s academic year. It is affiliated with Wheaton’s psychology department and staffed by two full-time teachers with support from college students and professors working in the fields of child development and early childhood education. The property also features a small playground. The school was founded in 1931 as a place for child study and research and moved to its current building in 1966. It was named for founder Elisabeth Wheeler Amen, who taught psychology and education at Wheaton.