Facilities and Operations
Also known as the Physical Plant, Facilities and Operations is home to a number of departments that keep the campus running smoothly and provide oversight of the college’s capital improvement projects. It’s also the location of Wheaton’s power plant, which provides steam heat to campus buildings, and the office of the chief engineer, who oversees the power plant and the wastewater treatment facility. The Physical Plant was built in 1925 and expanded in 1969 and is manned 24 hours a day during the academic year. The departments housed here are in charge of maintaining more than 60 campus buildings and more than 50 acres of land.