McIntire Hall is one of the college’s 19 traditional-style residence halls. McIntire is on lower campus at the northern end of Peacock Pond, is a part of the YMC Quad along with Young Hall and Clark Hall and is in close proximity to Chase Dining Hall.
There are four floors in McIntire housing approximately 123 students. McIntire is primarily a first-year student building and houses students of all class years in single, double, triple, and quad rooms.
McIntire has a lounge with a television and study space, a laundry room with three washer/dryer sets, and a kitchen for communal use. Rooms are furnished with a bed, desk, dresser, and storage space for each student. They have tile floors and vertical blinds on the windows.
Built in 1959, McIntire Hall was named for former professor “Dr. Mac” Walter Oscar McIntire.