Meadows West is part of the Meadows Complex located on lower campus on the southern end of Peacock Pond adjacent to Chase Dining Hall. The Meadows Complex consists of three wings: East, North, and West. Each wing has four floors, and the entire complex holds approximately 300 students. Students live there from all class years in double and single rooms. The fourth floor is designated as a substance-free community.
There are four student lounges in the complex, each with a television and study space. The laundry facility is located in Meadows Center with eight washer/dryer sets. Rooms are furnished with a bed, desk, dresser, and storage space for each student. They have tile floors and vertical blinds on the windows.
The Meadows residence halls were built in 1964 and named for alumna Sylvia Meadows, Class of 1918.