Thomas A. Pappas Fitness Center
The fitness center is located in the Balfour-Hood Campus Center and provides such equipment as cardio machines, Nautilus circuit machines, plate-loaded machines, free weights and treadmills, as well as locker rooms. In addition to state-of-the-art strength, conditioning and aerobic fitness equipment, the facility includes four wall-mounted flat-screen satellite TVs and 13-inch flat-screen TVs in front of all five treadmills.
Here is a little bit of history. The facility is located in a space that is connected to the current Admission Office and the Balfour-Hood Campus Center. The wing containing the fitness center opened in 1936 and housed a swimming pool, which was covered over when the Pappas Fitness Center was developed in 1991. The fitness center was completely renovated in 2006. The renovation included new flooring and equipment, thanks to a grant from the Thomas Anthony Pappas Charitable Foundation.