Watson Fine Arts Center
The Watson Fine Arts Center is home to the art history, music, theatre and dance studies programs, with classrooms, practice rooms and faculty offices, as well as Wheaton’s Permanent Collection and Collection Study Room. Each year, hundreds of students engage with the collection through their classes or work-study employment. The building also houses the Beard and Weil Galleries and two performance spaces: the Kresge Experimental Theatre and Weber Theatre. An average of six to eight productions, directed by both faculty and students, are staged annually in these theaters. In addition, talented artists, musicians and others are brought to campus through programs such as the Evelyn Danzig Haas ’39 Visiting Artists Program, Arts in the City and the Loser Concert Series. The Watson Fine Arts Center was built in 1962 and was named for alumna Jeannette Kittredge Watson, Class of 1902.