Located on upper campus at 13 Howard Street, White House is the only designated 24-hour quiet residence hall. It is situated near the campus bookstore and not far from Emerson Dining Hall.
This traditional house layout provides residents with double and single room options as well as a communal kitchen, bathrooms, laundry area and living room.
The house was built in 1905 and used at the time to house the college’s male employees. It was renovated in 1927 and became the French house, where students were asked to speak only French, until 1937.